Subject Oriented: Firefly - The Complete Series
Google
 
Web subjectoriented.blogspot.com





Sunday, December 11, 2005

Firefly - The Complete Series

A co-worker of mine, obsessed with all things cheese, kept raving about this series. I finally broke down and bought it. I must admit to a certain degree of skepticism at first, but now that I'm mid-way through the second disk, I'm pretty much hooked. Dammit.

I've heard that Mal, the captain of Serenity, is often compared to Han Solo. Actually, he reminds me of the character Brian Kinney, from Queer as Folk. (The actors even look alike, sorta.) Both characters project a certain kind of self-absorbed bravado but in reality are reluctant heros. Despite my best efforts, I find myself liking the character of Mal more and more; here's a quote from the episode titled "Safe":
Simon: Captain, why did you come back for us?
Mal: You're on my crew.
Simon: Yeah, but you don't even like me. Why'd you come back?
Mal: You're on my crew. Why we still talking about this?
This series is definitely worth your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home