Subject Oriented: Get Real (in the park)
Google
 
Web subjectoriented.blogspot.com





Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Get Real (in the park)


[JOHN comes out of the bathroom and both boys look at each other in surprise.]
JOHN: Alright mate, Carter isn’t it?
[JOHN approaches STEVEN and sits beside him.]
JOHN: Fag?
STEVEN: Sorry?
[JOHN hands him a cigarette.]
STEVEN: Oh. Thanks.
[STEVEN has obviously no clue what to do with the cigarette.]
JOHN: This is a nice park.
STEVEN: Yeah, it's nice.
[STEVEN coughs from the smoke.]
JOHN: Filthy habit.
STEVEN: What?
JOHN: Smoking. I only started because my mates did. Peer pressure they call it.
STEVEN: Yeah. Peer pressure.
[STEVEN coughs again]
JOHN: Don’t smoke to impress me. You be yourself.
STEVEN: Yeah.
[STEVEN throws the cigarette away.]
STEVEN: Listen, Dixon…
JOHN: Hey, the name’s John.
STEVEN: John, about what happened in there…
JOHN: Forget it mate, my mistake. I don’t know what came over me.
STEVEN: In there it’s usually a question of not knowing who came over you!
[STEVEN laughs for a second then looks away awkwardly]
STEVEN: I didn’t know it was you.
JOHN: Well, I certainly didn’t know it was you. Look, let’s just put it out of our minds. I mean, you don’t know why you did it either, right?
[STEVEN looks at him oddly, and JOHN figures it out.]
JOHN: You mean you’re…geez, I thought -- when Kevin and the guys call you names and that, they’re only taking the piss, right? I mean, you’re not really…dodgy?
STEVEN: Yeah, I’m …dodgy.
JOHN: Oh, fuck me! No…I don’t mean… I just mean… fuck me. I’m sorry.
STEVEN: Don’t be, I’m not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home