Subject Oriented: Get Real
Google
 
Web subjectoriented.blogspot.com





Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Get Real


STEVEN: I’m very proud…I’m very grateful to have won for the school. But I… umm… I feel a bit of a fraud. See I wrote about growing up as I imagined it must be for most of you, but there was another article which was to have been included in the school magazine, but it was censored because it was about a young guy who just happened to be… gay. I... wrote that article. I wish you could have read it so you could understand. Oh this is so difficult. I’m sick of feeling totally alone. I want to have friends who like me for who I am. [starting to cry] I want to be part of a family who loves me for who I am and not someone I pretend to be to keep their love. [GRAHAM walks in]. I’m sick of hiding. Of feeling sad and scared. Have you any idea! [crying harder] There must be more of you who feel like this! Like I do. Frightened to speak out! [looks at JOHN, who shakes his head] Well thanks for proving my point. Um… I’m gay. Sorry, mum... dad. But you can bet your life you’re not the only parents out there with a gay son. It’s only love. What’s everyone so scared of? Thanks for listening. [walks offstage. JESSICA stands up and begins clapping, most other people do too].

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home