Subject Oriented: Endangered Values
Google
 
Web subjectoriented.blogspot.com





Saturday, December 31, 2005

Endangered Values

Of all the American Presidents that I can recall in my lifetime, the only one I respect is Jimmy Carter, which amazes and astounds me, because I distinctly remember disliking him with a passion when I was a child.

I think the first time I realized I might be wrong was when I saw a This Old House episode where they worked on a project for Habitat for Humanity, and I discovered that not only does he support the organization, he actually gets out there and swings a hammer with the common folk.

I was about six years old when Johnson left office, so my first real memories of the American Presidency were of the illustrious (and imfamous) Richard Milhouse Nixon, good 'ole Tricky Dick. Between the war in Vietnam and the Watergate debacle, I can't say that I've ever held the office of El Presidente in much esteem, and I still don't.

But then, along comes a man like Jimmy Carter, someone who actually exhibits what I consider to be statesman-like tendencies, and it makes you wonder...


Links:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home