Subject Oriented: Organized religion is evil!
Google
 
Web subjectoriented.blogspot.com





Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Organized religion is evil!

It is. Trust me.

I have no problem with spirituality. If you want to commune with the god to whom you pray, then do it. You have my permission.

The problem starts when a group of you congregate... There is, unfortunately, a fine line between a group and a mob... or a herd, for that matter. You listen to the teaching of your pastor -- a shepherd, as it were -- and begin to think and act as a group. Then, when that shepherd shouts "wolf", you panic.

Calm down, take a deep breath and then ask yourself, "What is my greatest fear?" Is it two men getting married? To quote my favorite movie, "It’s only love. What’s everyone so scared of?"

Now, ask yourself, "How does this affect my life?" Let me give you a hint: the answer is, "It doesn't," so go away, mind your own business and leave us the fuck alone. M'kay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home